I've been bad in the eyes of social media experts. I haven't posted on my blog for a few weeks. Why? Too busy, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY - I didn't have much to say. Sure, I inhaled a lot of new information, and exhausted myself with FB and Twitter. Some observations for your entertainment.
- 1. Tried to buy the book, "The Four Hour Work Week." After 30 minutes of keyboard arguing..couldn't get Amazon to let me (didn't recognize me as a regular customer...which I am).
- Hired a virtual assistant in Kentucky. I live in Utah. This feels weird. Maybe I'll learn to like it a lot.
- Helped hold a blogger seminar for a client. Fast and furious debate. It was really cool ;)
- For the first time, sent a news release with this wording: Media/Blogger Contact Numbers.
- For the first time, sent a client news release to reporters via Facebook and Twitter...THEN proceeded to do some emailing and phone calling.
- Hired an SEO consultant. Exhausted myself over Thanksgiving following all his advice.
- Got mad about no longer being the top spot if you search Google for Cartwright Communications. A tech firm and a PR firm in England now beat me out :(
- Helped a TV station coordinate a story on the new FTC guidelines for bloggers. Couldn't get through to bloggers for the story via phone or email. It was twittering them that got response. Oh yeah, the reporter and I went back and forth through Facebook. He said to me, "don't any of these bloggers have phone numbers?"