I pulled this wonderful list, which is less about technique and protection and more about being human, from a recent edition of the Deseret News.
-by Richard Bushman
- Be generous, not defensive.
- Acknowledge problems.
- Find new ways to say things.
- Remember reporters want to get it right.
- Don't try to prove, try to tell the truth.
- Who you are is part of the message.
- Speak from the heart.
Richard, I hope you don't mind, but I'll be using this with my clients - giving you credit, of course.
photo credit: Fractalznet