As a member of the Social Media Club of Salt Lake City, I wanted to let you know we are bringing a nationally acclaimed Social Media Boot Camp to Utah this October. I have a discount code you can use if you want to register or share this information with those in your office.
SAVE THE DATES – COMING TO SALT LAKE THIS FALL- REGISTRATION LIMITED TO 60 PER WORKSHOP1. Social Media Boot Camp – Friday, October 23
2. Advanced Writing Workshop – Thursday, October 22
These advanced day-long workshops are tailored for senior management, government officials, marketing, internal/external communications and PR, entrepreneurs, business owners, non-profits and those who provide service and counsel to businesses. Presented by Ragan Communications, the Social Media Boot Camp sold out in three cities so far this year.
Only 60 people can register for each workshop, to keep the setting intimate and valuable for those who attend.
Here are some links to both workshops – your cost will be less with this Social Media Club code SMCSL9 (entered at registration checkout). Your cost is $595 per workshop (without your discount = $745).October 23 Social Media Boot Camp Details
Have you mastered these skills: Social networks, blogs, podcasts, YouTube, wikis? Learn how Web 2.0 and new media can help you inspire employees, win media coverage and overhaul the image of your company. This new age of interactive communications is revolutionizing the way we talk to employees, shareholders, the media and our customers.
This one-day workshop will teach you everything you need to know to get started. You'll return to your office with a complete understanding of why social media matters and how the most innovative companies have already tapped into this new communication technology.October 22 Advanced Writing Workshop
What a great time to be a communicator! Important messages get printed, streamed, e-mailed and Tweeted. Our audiences are reading, watching, listening—and talking back. Your words, and how you present them, are more important than ever. In our new, one-day edition of Advanced Writing & Editing, you'll learn how to:
- Find good stories. Where are they? Hint: They're not sitting on your desk or in your e-mail.
- Improve your reporting. You can't craft a good story—in any medium—if you don't have the raw material.
- Get your readers' attention. Take your best shot through headlines that grab, leads that pull us in and quotes that convey an engaging human presence.
- Layer your online story. Summarize your story for the skimmers and scanners, then let readers choose how deep they want to go.
- Package your print. Use all the tricks to craft a compelling story and keep readers on the page.
- Match words with sound and pictures. Enhance your audio and video with tight and engaging narrative.
Don't let your words fail you. Tune up your writing with this fast-paced, one-day workshop.
I plan to be there! Hope to see you :)